Thursday, July 27, 2006

name that tune

had a good date the other night. very relaxed. that's the first bit of not so critical news. will we see each other again? hopefully. i wrote a note and said we should, that i'd like to.

but i feel like things happen upside down, by which i mean, not one week ago i was telling someone about my apartment, my lease, fearing it might not be renewed and then lo, it's not. (though i spoke to my landlady and there might be wiggle room and so limbo is where i'm at just now; it's at the intersection of panic and relief, i'll meet you there).

then, the lady at work in charge of insurance and air conditioning and getting new bookshelves (she asked me one day for advice about a friend of hers who was having an affair...and in the course of the exchange said to me, 'she tells me the sex is really good.' not the kind of thing co-workers typically drop) asked me, asked everyone, if we wanted new insurance. i said i'd stick with the old even though it's a terrible bureaucracy and that electronic operator drives me nuts, especially when i call to check on something and she says in her vaguely british, vaguely breathy accent, "i think you said....representative." i did, bitch.

anyhoo, got to a doc today for a check up and the doc is all, 'hey, you know, we're stopping doing bizness with your provider come august 1.' it's like some kind of reverse karmic psychology. so i figure, if i say, i never ever want to fall in love...then falling in love is imminent.

i think i was in love once. i'd like to be again at least once more.

at therapy (uh huh, i live in nyc after all) i was talking, as i'm supposed to, and i said, before i realized it, 'i want to be pursued forever.' and she said, 'don't you ever want to be caught?' and truth is...i do.

i do. i do. i do. i do. i do....love me or leave me, make your choice, don't deceive me...cause it's true....

name that song, and who sung it, and i make a mixed cd for you. special. my oeuvre spans time.

belly aching on account of dinner: beer, green grapes, chocolate, cheese, almonds and a plum.

you would cry too if it happened to you.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM EDT, Blogger Mr Crosson said...

Uh,

I guess it's not Spandau Ballet?

Damn, I never win anything.

 
At 6:14 PM EDT, Blogger Sara said...

jc, jc, jc...did you grow up with older siblings? i can't remembr.
abba, my friend, abba.

 
At 9:10 PM EDT, Blogger Mr Crosson said...

My stupid older sisters were listening to Spandau Ballet! Actually, there was a fair amount of ABBA in the air, as well, now that I think of it.

So... do I win?

Actually, you don't have to make an actual cd, but I'm so out of it on the music scene (obviously) that I'd love to hear (or read about) what you've been listening to.

 
At 11:25 PM EDT, Blogger Sara said...

ah, spandau. sure, jc, you win. send me your address...and i send you good music. and i'll tell you what i'm listening to now.
capice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home