Friday, January 19, 2007

ho, ho. ho.

feels like i've been posting so much lately...which is exactly the opposite of what i think i'm getting ready to do, to perhaps stop blogging altogether and save some of my interior life for my interior. or for a select phew. there's much i don't say here but probably too much that i do, quite frankly. and for what? for some kind of exhibitionist sometime gag and sometime s-o-s. there are some folks who read (of the what, four of you consistent readers?) who i wish didn't cause then maybe i'd speak of texture and taste. and there are others i wish didn't read for other nefarious reasons. but right now i'm thirsty to post. so those questions go to the backburner.

(my stomach is so upset from a burrito i ate.)

yesterday got a text msg from someone in the 305 area code. i don't even know where that is. and it said, 'call me, babe' and i thought, is this someone i know? i'm rarely called 'babe.' in fact, i can think of only one person who has ever called me that—my aunt. and i've never felt like calling people babe or baby as anything but kind of a small joke but if i had to explain what the funny is, i'd certainly be unable. there's something vaguely sexy about it, i guess, but it also seems so unnatural to me, so general hospital and what television romance puffy hair types say to one another when they say, 'hey baby, light my fire,'

or 'hey baby, baby, pour some sugar on me,'

or 'do me a favor, babe, and rub this ban de soleil onto my back. if i burn, baby, burn, you'll then have to put on aloe too. i've got some in the fridge, babybabebabe'

or 'please baby please baby, baby, baby please,' except lola darling's pretty far from pt chas.

here's things i've called others: dollface, dear, sweetheart, lemondrop, lemon, my little cashew, peanut, sweets, darling, hb, toots, tootsie, lovely, my little macademia, love, dearest, sugar, stuff, loverboy, cutie, q-t, cutiepie...

anyway, the person texted in reply this: "stop it!"as if i had written him and stalked him many times. so i did as he ordered. and erased these msgs.

then, i got a voice mail from the same number today. and i couldn't well understand what he was yammering on about but it clearly wasn't to me, and i didn't recognize his voice and at the end he said, 'call your boy.'

so, like, i did, right.

and told him wrong number, wrong text. wrong. wrong. but it'd be fine and fun if it were right. right. i'm in the mood for canoodling, ya dig? and if the 3-0-5 was near and i knew this guy i'd text him to come on down, babycakes, and treat your baby right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home